12/18/2006

India Trip Part 2

Finally I reached home a full 12 hrs late… so all the time I saved by taking the direct flight to Delhi was nullified. I was just happy that I reached home without any problems with luggage or anything else. It was the Ganpati season and so the whole Pune city was in celebratory mood after all it's in this city the festival was started some 110 yrs ago.

The stay in India was hectic. We had our Ganpati Visarjan the very day I reached, after performing the Puja I crashed into bed after all a time difference of 12 hrs isn't easy to handle. Luckily the jet lag lasted only for a day as the very next day I started going out and trying to stay away form home during the afternoon hrs. I re-scheduled my Mumbai-Delhi ticket because of the experience I had earlier.

While @ home I relished on the home cooked food my mom made for me… was wonderful as usual and no one can beat the taste. A couple of days in Pune and then I set out for the my long trip. I visited my home town and my ancestral home at Nagpur which is @ dead center in India. It was such a wonderful feeling, I met my uncles and aunts and grand uncles and grand aunts… I met my two cousins who are getting married in the end of Jan. Can't really believe that my lil sis are getting married… wow time just flies… doesn't it? Later I went to Bhopal/Indore/Baroda and met rest of my family had such wonderful time. All this doesn't really sound exciting but when you are around with your family it is the sense of fulfillment and satisfaction and not the excitement you are looking for….

No comments: